The Fiji Wedding Package Including Ceremony
An eye for detail ensures everything will be looked after, so all you have to worry about is keeping your eyes on one another.
NOTE: Getting married on Castaway consists of two parts. The registration of the intent to marry and the actual wedding ceremony. Your package includes an escort to the Registry office AND the wedding ceremony.
CASTAWAY ISLAND, FIJI
ULTIMATE BEACH WEDDING PACKAGE 2014/2016
Valid 01 April 14 to 15 March 16
All information below is subject to change without prior notification.
This all inclusive Wedding Package includes accommodation for the bride and groom, a wedding reception for 20 people and accommodation for 4 nights in an Island Bure for Bride and Groom PLUS a special bonus for the bride and groom depending on the date of the wedding.
- Registration of paperwork prior to arrival on island
- Minister or Celebrant at Castaway Island including his return boat transfers, accommodation and meals
- Two warrior escort of bride to ceremony
- The Castaway Island family choir
- Floral arrangements for the wedding ceremony table
- Bridal bouquet and boutonniere for the groom
- Champagne cruise around the island – a Castaway tradition
- Banquet dinner for wedding reception with private set up and buffet dinner for 20 people based on our Tropical Island Buffet (value F$115pp)
- Three (3) hours beverage package including house wine, local beer and soft drinks for 20 people
- Small wedding cake
- ‘His and Hers’ half hour body massages
- Wedding co-ordinator to assist in arranging above mentioned as well as additional services such as photographer, hairdresser and additional banquet requirements.
The wedding ceremony is held on the beach front or on our jetty in the late afternoon. A table and floral arrangements are set amidst Nature’s altar.
The Castaway family choir dressed in gowns, sing beautiful Fijian hymns as the bride arrives, escorted by two traditionally dressed Fijian ‘warriors’.
At the completion of the ceremony and Marriage Certificate formalities under Fijian law, the bride and groom are welcomed aboard “Teivovo”, Castaway’s beautiful white speedboat with leather seats. Champagne in hand, they take a cruise around the island to celebrate their union together (a little time alone) before the newlyweds return to the beach to be welcomed by their guests….a lovely sense of arrival at the Reception!
Set up of Wedding Reception including white table cloths, cloth napkins, tropical floral arrangements, white chair covers is on the South Beach deck with our open sided thatched bure “MokiMokiti” as the centre stage and beautiful ocean vistas.
Banquet ‘Island Wedding Buffet’ dinner for 20 persons, consisting of menu similar to below (subject to seasonality and availability of produce)
- Individual soup of the night with island baked breads
- Kokoda Walu Mackeral
- Whole Tiger Prawns
- Freshwater Clams
- Selection of gourmet salads
- Lemongrass & Coconut Chicken
- Roasted Beef Rib Eye
- Grilled Citrus Reef Fish
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Selection of cakes & desserts
- Organic tropical fruits
- Tea and coffee
- (upgrades to Deluxe and Seafood banquets available)
Beverages will be provided for 3 hours and include Castaway house white and red wine, Australian sparkling wine, bottled water, Fiji Gold and Fiji Bitter bottled beer, soft drinks. Spirits and additional beverages may be purchased on consumption basis
Payment covers banquet dinner and 3 hours beverage package standard beer,wine and soft drink
- Adult FJD$210 per person (VAT inclusive price)
- Child FJD$65 per person aged 3 to 12 years (VAT inclusive price)
The wedding couple will be accommodated in an Island Bure for four (4) nights.
Upgrades to Ocean View or Beach Bure and extensions of stay available at attractive rates. Wedding guests will be offered attractive group rates available on application or booked via your preferred Fiji Wholesaler.
All wedding guests are required to stay at Castaway Island in order to attend the wedding and reception. Wedding guests are required to stay a minimum of 4 nights.
SUMMER WEDDING SPECIAL
Book your wedding between the following dates and enjoy a FJD$1,000 Resort Credit to spend on up-scaling your wedding menu, additional beverages, resort water sports activities or additional accommodation.
- Valid 15 October 14 to 20 December 14 & 16 January 15 to 31 March 15
- Also 15 October 15 to 20 December 15 & 16 January 16 to 15 March 16 (Easter is 25 March that year)
Summer Wedding Special is quoted in Fijian Dollars.
Maximum group size is 60 persons or 25 bures
Marriage under Fijian law involves two parts:
The first part is the registration of the intent to marry with the Nadi Registry office. We prefer to organize an appointment for the bride and groom on the first or second day of arrival in Fiji, which will allow for the completion of the Fijian Registry requirements before coming to the island for the wedding ceremony. The Nadi Registry office is open from 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday, and the appointment will take 15 to 30 minutes. The Registry will be closed on Public Holidays.
It is important to note both bride and groom will need to present an original or certified copy of their respective birth certificates as well as their passports. If either party was previously married, a copy of the divorce papers or death certificate of the former spouse must also be presented. If either party was married within the last five years, a Certificate of Single Status may be required and you are advised to check with the island directly well prior to your intended arrival date in this regard.
The second part is the formal ceremony to be held on Castaway. Usually the ceremony takes place prior to sunset on our white sand beach. The minister or celebrant will be available prior to the wedding to discuss the wording to be used in the ceremony.
A FEW POINTS TO NOTE
- Package is priced on minimum of 20 persons with additional costs applicable for more guests
- Accommodation only for the bride and groom for 4 nights is included in this package. Additional accommodation rates available for guests on application
- All wedding guests are required to be accommodated at Castaway Island, Fiji for a minimum of 4 nights in order to attend the wedding
- A maximum of 60 pax and 25 bures is allowed for groups at Castaway Island, Fiji
- All known wedding package, accommodation and food and beverage arrangements must be prepaid prior to arrival, following the payment plan outlined by our Wedding Co-ordinator
- The Castaway Islander band consists of a 3 piece acoustic guitar trio and may be hired for entertainment if required or guests may bring an IPOD with their own music selection. We do not allow D.Js or electric bands due to the disturbance of other guests on our small island paradise.
All information above is subject to change without prior notification.